At the end of my first trip to the Philippines, I thought it would be a good idea to treat myself to some serious relaxation. The plan was to lay around in the sun, drink beer and basically do absolutely nothing for a few days. Luckily, I found the Eagle Point Resort in Anilao, Mabini, Batangas, Philippines.
There are a ton of things you can do while you’re there. Relax in the sun, go for a swim in either of two pools, snorkel just off the shore, kayaking, jet skiing and other activities around the resort. By far, the most popular option is to go diving in any of the 30 spots close by.
The southern tip of the Calumpang Peninsula is one of the most popular places in the Philippines to go diving. Eagle Point Dive Shop will take you on excursions or teach you how to dive in their unique Reef Pool. Its an enclosed salt water pool connected to open water. It give the student a real, hands on try at learning the diving techniques, without having to worry about the elements. Plus its stocked with fish, a few baby sharks (at least while I was there), and a turtle.
As a whole, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Accomodations were clean and quiet. There were only a few channels on tv (cause you’re supposed to be outside! Haha). Breakfast was included on special packages, and was “chef choice”.
– Choose from Hotel, Suites, Cottages, Villas
– Bar and Restaurant
– Souvenir shop (w/personal items available)
– Reef Pool
– Dive Shop
– Scuba Diving Courses
– Double level swimming pool with water slide
– Second pool
– Butterfly Park and Playground
– Free Wi-fi
– Helicopter Pad
– Tennis Court
– KTV Room (Videoke Room)
– So much more I can’t even remember
How To Get To Eagle Point Resort,
– Go south on the South Expressway (SLEX)
– Take the STAR Tollway to Batangas City
– Cross Manila-Batangas Highway and go onto Diversion Road towards Batangas International Por
– Turn right under over-pass onto Batangas-Balayan Highway towards Bauan
– Turn left after Manghinao Bridge, Bauan towards Mabini,
– Turn right on Mabini rotunda towards Anilao.
– Turn left on coastal road in anilao towards Barrio Bagalangit.
– Turn right on EAGLE POINT RESORT private road
Map of Eagle Point Resort, Mabini, Batangas, Philippines